Monday, January 08, 2007

If I were any gayer I'd be wearing flannel and a knee-brace.....

Yesterday Chris and I went to Philadelphia and went to museums. It was rad. First we went to some art museum that I don't know the name of but they had suits of armor and some really boring American furniture and shit and a really cool exhibit on Mexican post-revolution printmaking. I super-love Mexican art and the tradition behind it...I think it was one of the first ways I felt conciously tied to a culture that I had tried to break ties with earlier in life....haha. I think the only thing we got pictures of was the Japanese teahouse thing:



Oh....we also got a picture of this sweet-ass ride parked outside the museum:

Yes, that is a flaming-skull covered sun shade. Rock.

Then we went to the Mutter Museum which was super-duper cool. I totally remember watching a Discovery Channel show about it and thinking about how cool it would be to go there but I probably never would because seriously....why the fuck would I ever be in Philadelphia? As I told Chris, "The east coast was never even on my radar of places I wanted to go"...haha...oh life.

Then we went to this Belgian tavern:

It owned. They had Chimay on tap. And like every other delicious Belgian beer (because seriously...the Belgians really do make the best beers ever). They also had pretty much every beer from anywhere you could think of available in bottles. Including a bunch of Stone...crazy. And we ate frietjes....which is pronounced free-chuss (I know because I asked bas..haha) and is apparently just Dutch/Flemish for "french-fries" even though they make you think it's gonna be special or something...haha....they were good though. I wish that place was like...on the corner cause I could seriously rock it every night.

So yeah....that was my Sunday. It ruled. Things like that remind me to pull myself out of my fucking martyr complex...haha....surrounding circumstances in my life kind of suck...or at least aren't ideal...but what's at the core...the shit that actually matters....is rather awesome.

No comments: