Monday, January 29, 2007

Scoliosis

So I have scoliosis. My mom has it so it's not a big surprise that I do as well, though I was in denial about it for a long time. When I got kidney stones a few years ago and had to get x-rays my doctor looked at them and said "Oh by the way, you have scoliosis." So there went the denial...ha. Anyway, I realized yesterday that I've never actually seen my spine or how much it curves so I had Chris take some pictures yesterday. The first one I upped the contrast on a little bit so that it's easier to see how far to the left my lower spine actually is. The second one, I had it traced with a sharpie so that it would really stand out.

Yeah, no wonder my back hurts all the time, eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW. Well, I'm glad you're no longer in denial about the issue and coping with Scoliosis fairly well it seems.