Friday, March 31, 2006

Feels like I'm on fire, it's burning the world through, Don't let me fall without someone to hold on to

I've been listening to a lot of Sebadoh lately, for the first time in years. A few months ago I was in Garth's car and "Willing to Wait" was on. It was the first time I'd heard that song since the week before Joey killed himself, when he gave me a tape of him covering it for me. Ah, teenage emotion. That was 10 years ago. Hearing it again felt like being punched, forcefully and directly, in the stomach. I didn't even know how to talk for a while afterward. I know I confused Charles and Garth at the time, kind of killed the party and all. After a while though, it just made me really want to listen to them again, though I've yet to listen to that song. Maybe I should, it might be theraputic. It's so weird the way we build up archetypes in our minds that are just so exemplified by songs. Or maybe it's just me.

We had a lot of fun last night. Mindless, ridiculous, drunken, bullshit fun. I needed it, which is rather pathetic of me honestly. Pictures are here.
There are so many pictures of Ben because Valerie had the camera most of the time. Silly kids. We won trivia again. It's almost getting annoying at this point.

I'm sick of flaky people. That pretty much means everyone, I think. I want a surprise.

3 comments:

Desiree said...

I'm sick of flaky people as well! I have spent the last couple weeks bitching to Garth about how all of my friends turned out to not be. Or just decided they weren't interested anymore...Whatever. That's why I'm seriously going to drive to your house next week and fucking paint with you! I'm done talking about it...shit.

garth2 said...

sorry if i was mean that night. i didnt know.

garth2 said...

and why the one pic you get with my dumb ass in it...i look like a fat drunken carny. dammit.