Friday, August 07, 2009

Yay for Thursdays

So yesterday was awesome. First off, I got to work and this is the site that greeted us and a shit ton of tourists on our boat:
SDC11007
You'll really want to view the larger version of that. It's a seagull, dead and hung from a tree. It had swallowed some fishing line and then got caught up by it on a tree branch and was just there, hanging and spinning in the wind. One of the weirdest sights I've ever seen on the island.

Then around 2:30 they noticed at work that they can't find Logan's paycheck. They figure out that it's a Fort Mason and so they're going to let him leave 3 hours early, in order to go get it before Fort Mason closes. And somehow we parlayed this into me being able to leave with him. I don't really know how or why it worked, but it did. So we went to Fort Mason. In the best cab ever may I add. The driver was blasting Barry White, would not stop saying "Motherfucker", and drove like a madman. I couldn't stop laughing the whole way there. Then we get done, walk back to Red Jack, and I start drinking margaritas that consist of a pint of tequila with lime juice splashed on top. God bless bartenders that think I'm cute. Also a man named Gambit introduced himself to Logan. It was nerd-larious.

At some point Logan, Danielle, and I were contemplating going to Pier 39 to ride the "TURBO 4D RIDE!!!" but it seemed like a rip off. Then we just decided to go to Pier 39 anyway, with I think some intention of "finding Marie a Dutch boy". So we got to play drunk tourists! And take pictures of things!

SDC11019

We also went to a not very good Mexican restaurant, where the staff was very friendly and talked Logan into trying what turned out to be the best tequila I've ever tasted.

SDC11026
Pomegranate margarita! BOMB.
SDC11029
SDC11031

Then we walked back to Pier 39 and hung out with Sea Lions for a good long while. They all sounded like they had colds and it was awesome.
SDC11046
SDC11049

There were no hot Euro boys to be had that night, but it was still a great day. We got back to Embarcadero station, I hopped on the N, passed out several times on the way home, and made it safely back to bed where I passed the fuck out for real.

THEEND.

No comments: