Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Absurdity is just about the only thing that makes sense to me anymore anyway.

Tonight, for the first time since I've lived in SF, I passed out drunk on the train and missed my stop. I ended up at 34th. Luckily there was another train going inbound in 3 minutes. Then I got home and took this test, and in my drunken state I find it all the more amusing. And incredibly true.


Your result for The Absurdism Test...

Happy Absurdist

You are 100% absurd!


You don't believe that life is ordered, pre-planned and meaningful. In fact, quite the opposite; you find it chaotic, random and essentially meaningless. But that doesn't stop you living it to the full.

It is likely that you have spent some time thinking about your place in the universe. You have revolted against blind faith and the hope for life after death and this has led you to realise that you are free to create your own meaning.

In touching the Absurd you have realised that human endeavour is ultimately futile; some people would find this outlook depressing but you have accepted it. Instead of worrying about your fate, you immerse yourself in the here and now and enjoy life in all its bizarre, random beauty. Good for you!

No comments: