Sunday, April 22, 2007

We would have a fine time living in the night, Left to blind destruction, Waiting for our sight.

I heard this song on my way home yesterday and though I've been a Joy Division fan for over 10 years, and this is by far their most well known and popular song, it hit me in a way it never has before. It seemed to completely switch meanings. Instead of linking to the Joy Division version though, I'm going to share what is pretty much the only cover of the song that I love and that I think captures something very true to the original.

UNIT-E - Love Will Tear Us Apart - (file is in Ogg Vorbis format)
While you're at it, check out the site for UNIT-E...they've done some really cool stuff and I like their philosophy.

Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
When routine bites hard, and ambitions are low
And resentment rides high, but emotions won't grow
And we're changing our ways, taking different roads
Then love, love will tear us apart again --

Why is the bedroom so cold? You've turned away on your side
Is my timing that flawed - our respect run so dry?
Yet there's still this appeal that we've kept through our lives
Love, love will tear us apart again --

You cry out in your sleep - all my failings expose
There's a taste in my mouth, as desperation takes hold
Just that something so good just can't function no more
When love, love will tear us apart again --

No comments: