Thursday, March 15, 2007

"She's always off somewhere, trying to wipe some of the blood away..."

I just woke up from the most fucked up dream. I didn't really sleep last night so I just took a nap. I'm not really going to go into the whole dream, because it's long and messy and often times more straight-forward than symbolic, but again there were ghosts and chasing. There was gore and nudity and supernatural bullshit.

Probably the most symbolic of all were the absolutely neon, bright, "don't touch me I'm poisonous" looking snakes everywhere in my house. I mean everywhere. In the dream I had apparently just moved home and my family was like "Oh, we're just used to them, we've never noticed them biting." At times I was covered by impossibly small ones, almost like little worms, smaller than any snake I've ever seen, screaming and tearing my clothes off trying to make people get them off of me. They were in everything, hiding behind everything, all sorts of styles of them...vipers, constrictors, rattle snakes...all blindingly bright, like poison dart frogs.

Phones wouldn't work, or would cut off in the middle of conversations I was having with people. I couldn't escape because my mother stole my car. At the end of the dream I was running naked up a hill away from some sort of demon creature in my house, jumping fences and everything, toward a woman who was standing in the spray of a hose or fountain, slowly turning into some sort of cephalopod everywhere the water touched.

No comments: