Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I am lazy...

seriously I've cought the lazy virus. It's fucking hard to cure.

So here's my SF recap, even though I know Charles has covered most of this on his bloggypoo: Brett, Charles, and I drove up Thursday night, wasn't a bad drive all in all. Got into Daly City at about 3, stayed up talking with Joe Beck til about 5 and then passed the fuck out. Bruised my hip sleeping on his hardass floor because I am a bone sack at this point. Woke up and Ross drove over to Joe's and we all (except for Joe, who was at work) went and got breakfast at this kickass South American coffee shop where everything was about half the price that it would've been down here, and really fucking good at that.

Went back and picked up Ross's car from Joe's and drove to Ross's place. From there took some public transportation to this pretty cool bar, Zeitgeist, where we drank many pitchers of beer and took ridiculous pictures and Charles tried his damndest to offend some gay guys who were sitting at our table. I made friends with them and they gave me beer. Joe and Bryan both met up with us there. Then we left and walked to some other bar that looked like a cave that a dr. seuss caveman had painted in. I was far too drunk to remember most of the time spent there, though there are pictures.

I got the drunk-hungries so we went to this taqueria that we went to last time we were there. Joe and Charles got into a silly argument about music. I threw a few shots in there, drunkenly. Then Charles molested Joe on the sidewalk in front of the place. We decided to go to this bar on the corner of Ross's block that neither Ross nor Bryan had ever been to, though they'd pretty much lived there all their lives or something. By this point Ross had left to go to work. So Bryan, Charles, and I set off with Brett and Joe trailing behind us. At some point we looked back and they were no longer there. We later called them and found out that they'd hopped some public transport to go to the Castro. Mmmmmk. So we arrive at this bar, "St.Mary's", and the bartender is shitfaced. Like totally slurring her words, doing the "one eye pour", etc. She asks if we want our drinks strong or weak and when I say strong she fills each glass completely. Ha. Some half-asian guy that I swear was gay tried to start a fight with Charles because apparently he and his girlfriend were taking offense to some really lame jokes Charles was making that weren't even offensive in spirit. Then he invited us back to his place to "get fucking smashed" or something. We took that as our cue to leave.

The next day we drove to this place called Calistoga. There was some winery there that had an invite-only open house that Ross's family goes to every year. It was super ritzy and we packed like 15 people into a 7 passenger van to get around the whole "this invitation is good for one car" rule. We canoed and whatnot, capsized boats, and all got sore throats from lake water. I passed out while a lot of the shennanigans were going on because we were all fairly drunk off of beer that we brought. On the way there we stopped in some boonfuck town and apparently everyone thought we were rockstars because people were randomly saying hi to us and there was a limo parked out front which they all thought was ours. Fucking surreal.

We didn't do much that night cause we were all worn out from bothering rich people. The next morning we woke up and went out to breakfast at this diner that we ate at a couple of times last time we were up there. Then Brett decided he wanted to get a Lordi cd, because right before we went up we all developed this obsession with "Blood Red Sandman", ha. So we went to Amoeba in the Haight and the Dresden Dolls were randomly performing there. There were no Lordi cd's however, so we left. Dropped Ross off, then headed home. All in all, super fun. I don't think I could possibly not enjoy spending time in that city. Also any time I'm not at home is also good.

Ross is coming down tonight. He, Charles, and I and whoever else are going to Vegas this weekend, to coincide with but not go to Defcon. I drove home from LA last night at 3:30 am. Surprisingly enough, I wasn't tired the whole way home but I ended up having to resort to wearing earplugs to sleep once I got home. I'm still kind of tired. This house is going to be the death of me, swear to god.

Also, pictures from the trip are up on my Picasa gallery. They are rad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

zeitgeist has the most delicious veggie burgers, i love to start of my sunday morning with a bloody mary there tho.

The bar you went to sounds like Noc Noc...it was on haight street... lower haight, right?