Saturday, July 31, 2010

The sun

came out while I was walking home from the market with bushels of fresh basil and mint. It was perfect. I was listening to "Runaway" by The National. I'm drinking wine and making a new mixtape right now, which I will post later. Next weekend is officially "Start the Garden" weekend. I've also decided that I love the act of alchemy that is cooking way too much and I need to get back to my roots, so I'm only going to eat out now if it's an actual quality food experience. I went out to Alembic last Wednesday with the biologist and it was a superb and fucking transcendent food and whiskey experience, and that's really the only time it's worth it. Otherwise it's gonna be me here in my kitchen, transforming one thing into another. I wish my place was more conducive to dinner parties. I miss having those. Maybe I'll have them anyway.

Last night Logan and Danielle hosted a "Jersey Shore Season 2 Premiere" party and it was awesome. Vegan sausage and peppers, the fruity drink concoction that is "Ron Ron Juice", and even a hot tub. Great times. I looked like a total Jersey stripper. Witness:
jersey ho!
Head on over here to see the rest of my shitty cameraphone pics of the party.

No comments: