Monday, July 19, 2010

So let's try this again.

I'm sort of recommitting myself to being involved in things again. Which I know is sort of a nebulous statement, but I know what I mean and that's all that really matters. I need more projects basically. I have a few, which I'm into, but the more narrow my field of vision the quicker I get burned out and bored with things. So I'm gonna spread myself thin because that's what I'm into. So here's some of that:

Just painted this last Saturday, when I was feeling inspired after a day spent with someone who I'm finding more and more to be someone I really want to keep in my life. So you know, maybe it was also in an attempt to distract myself from freaking out about that. Ha. Anyway, it started out as an albatross but morphed into a frigatebird because they just have way cooler tails. It's over six feet, took me over twice as long as any of my other birds, and completely ruined my knees. I pretty much love it, but it still shocks me a little when I see it out of the corner of my eye.

I've also started writing about moments in my current sexual/dating life that have struck me as amusing/ridiculous/meaningful/magical whatever. I've been thinking about putting them up on here, but maybe I'll start a new blog for that. I don't know. I had a moment that was just so chock full of coincidence and significance and just felt like something out of a movie I would make, that I had to write about it. And it's grown from there. So I guess stay tuned on that.

Logan and I got interviewed by Fader magazine about MAGANRORD. It's going to be in the August issue. It's weird to feel accomplished and successful. Those are things I've always avoided. Maybe the older I get the more ambitious I become.

In boring mundane news about my life, today I had to deal with the fact that something is actually over with someone I'd been seeing for a while. And it kind of sucks. And I also got a lovely email from someone I had an intense but short-lived fling with last summer, and he is fucking beautiful and awesome so that was really awesome. And then I got some more emails, from other awesome, beautiful people. And my life goes on.

No comments: