Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Snippet, Take 2


This song will forever remind me of a specific night almost a year ago. I went on a date I was really not excited about going on, I showed up a little bit tipsy cause I had beer for dinner, I immediately liked him upon meeting him, and by the end of the night I was taking him to my place which I rarely do (I usually opt for their place. Easier to escape and then they don't know where I live). We fucked, it was awesome. I put this album, which I had just gotten, on beforehand. We fell asleep. I woke up in the middle of the night and heard this song for the first time. It was perfect. Perfect for that guy, perfect for that night, all of it. Especially lying there, in the middle of the night, with a stranger who was one of the first people I'd ever felt disarmed by. Glow from the laptop, the line "we are capsules of energy". And then I never saw him again. But every single time I heard this song I flashed back to that night, and to him, and to that moment.
And somehow he's now back in my life.

No comments: