Monday, November 12, 2007

Tell me what ritual I should have today..

I'm not a very nightmare prone person, my dreams are strictly of the ridiculously-symbolic type. I've been having insane nightmares lately though and reoccurring dreams of car crashes and others of fire. I think it's the end of the world, because obviously I alone can forsee it via my prophetic dreams....or you know, something is just wrong up in my subconscious. It's pretty annoying though because it's sort of this self-perpetuating thing I think....of these dreams waking me up, and not getting enough sleep, so I wake up kinda sad and hurty and then it's this current of emotion running all day, which I ignore, because I'd rather not feel like shit all day, and then I go to sleep and it comes out even stronger or something. Man there is too much I would rather keep not thinking about. Ha.

Oh, and via all of that comes this: songs about fire and songs about car crashes! Or at least songs I associate with those things, or those dreams, or something.

Fire:
Sebadoh - On Fire
Portishead - It's a Fire
The Birthday Party - Sonny's Burning

Car Crashes:
Marilyn Manson - Just a Car Crash Away
The Normal - Warm Leatherette-I could seriously do a whole post about this song. That's for another day though.

Special Added Bonus Song:
The Birthday Party - Mutiny in Heaven-This is what the end of the world sounds like.

No comments: