Friday, November 09, 2007

Thoughts...

The time I've felt like the biggest lush in my life was not actually when I was drunk. I don't think I was even drinking. I was making empanadas for the first time. I need to roll out the dough but I don't have a rolling pin, as I'm not much of a baker. So I use one of the myriad empty wine bottles I have lying around. Then I need to cut the dough into circles, but I have no cookie cutters. Martini glass to the rescue! It was like something out of a valium-addled 50's housewife's life. Wine bottles are seriously great rolling pins though.

I thought of this because I'm making a roasted-vegetable pot pie with biscuit dough crust right now. Something about making dough always reminds me of that time. Last weekend I learned to make sushi. It was not so reminiscent of anything, but I did get pretty drunk on sake that night. There are pics up of that adventure on Cooking in Esco.

No comments: