Friday, February 23, 2007

Oh just one more And I'll walk away

All the everything you win
Turns to nothing today
So just one more
Just one more go
Inspire in me the desire in me
To never go home


I just realized that I hadn't really updated this thing since I got home, other that the automagic del.icio.us links and whatnot.

The trip home was the worst traveling experience I've ever had. After a ridiculously long and icy drive to Philadelphia, snow caused the direct flight on the 14th to be cancelled. Had to stay overnight in Philadelphia, got to the airport the next morning for the rebooked non-direct flight. It was an hour late getting there, had to stop in North Carolina, had to switch planes in Nashville (where I thought I was going to get to see Valerie but since the plane was two hours late getting there, I did not), arrived in San Diego at 10 pm, wacked out of my mind on Ambien, thus the puking on the 163 on the way home. All in all, it was about 12 hours of travel just on day 2. So fucking fitting.

So I've been here a week now. I've done the Margarita Monday, I've done the dollar drafts, done the uncomfortable parade at Churchills, went to commune with the gays. I'm so ready not to be here anymore. Ross wants me to go up to SF for his birthday this weekend and I wish I had the money to do so. At this point the plan is just to put on the blinders and work for awhile so I can get some money and LEAVE. Perhaps have a little bit of fun in between all that shit, but I'm certainly trying my hardest to be in North County as little as possible. Such a serious lack of prospects...ha.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Take me with you hehe...San Diego is soul crushing. I think LA, or any god damn place would be better than this hole of a city.