Saturday, December 13, 2008

Moenia y Morbo

So a few years ago I listened to the local Rock en Español/Alternative music station almost exclusively, until they traded it for hip-hop. It got me really into a lot of good Spanish-language music, and Mexican synthpop in particular. And in my pit of despair yesterday I broke out some albums I hadn't listened to in a few years. Morbo by Morbo, and Televisor by Moenia. Good shit.
The two bands are kind of connected. Juan Carlos used to be the vocalist for Moenia back when they were much more techno/dancey and when he left to form Morbo, Alfonso joined Moenia as the vocalist, but I'm pretty sure he was one of the founding members but left before they ever released anything. Anyway, I like Moenia much more with Alfonso singing cause he has that awesome, Dave Gahan-esque voice. And I think Juan Carlos is much better at making his own stuff cause Morbo is awesome and it's all him.

So here's my favorite Morbo song, "Hoy". The video is awesome too.


This is one of my favorite Moenia songs, "Lado Animal", which is from the Amores Perros soundtrack.


And finally, the super-emo song that got me into Moenia in the first place, "En que Momento".

No comments: