Thursday, August 28, 2008

You gotta play that music for who's listening, You gotta have someone you wanna sing it to

Man. Sometimes the mania is awesome. I am riding this high like no one's business. Life is responding. It's weird.
So yesterday was apparently "compliment Marie day". Someone told me I look like a kewpie doll. I mean I don't really know if that's a compliment but whatevs. Also a random like 30 year old midwestern lady at work was like "I just have to tell you that you're so adorable." I don't even think she was hitting on me. A bunch more people told me a bunch more things about how awesome I am. I mean, shit, I know I'm rad as balls, but it was all in all very weird.
Life is just fucking occurring. A boy wrote me a poem. He's the best. No one's done that in years.
And it was a good one too.
A person I really like just left the city. It makes me feel like a jerk. From those two statements you can draw your own conclusions about that, but I am going to miss him.
Also this kid at work has been leaving travel pamphlets in my locker. He doesn't know I know it's him as far as I'm aware. I'm trying to figure out the proper response while waiting for some sort of "climactic event" that I don't think is gonna happen. My first instinct was to just start hitting on him because I think it would make him really uncomfortable. I might still do that.
I just downloaded The Highwaymen's greatest hits. I miss that album and I need some country legends in my life desperately. I wish I could just sing country music for the rest of my life. How fucking sweet would that be? All whiskey and cigarettes and beer and steel guitars. Mmmmm.

No comments: