Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Then leave me to my enemied dreams...

I woke up just now due to my gardeners loving their leaf-blowers way too much. That's the only way I ever know what day it is, "Oh loud noises right outside my door? Must be Tuesday." "Green Eyes" by Nick Cave was playing in my head when I woke up. I haven't listened to "The Boatman's Call" in forever but I remember the part of my dream that put it in my head, where I was explaining that the word "cunt" shouldn't really have much more impact than calling someone "asshole" because it's not as though everytime you call someone an asshole you mean it literally. And then I sang the line "This useless old fucker and his twinkling cunt doesn't care if he gets hurt"....the dreams I have when I take sleeping pills are such these weird, long, narrative things. I don't think I know anyone with green eyes anymore. I used to know a few.

No comments: