Monday, February 27, 2006

"We are more than most will ever find"

Coincidence is neat. As I said before I've been reading a lot of Baudelaire. Friday Desi came over with wine that had a Baudelaire quote on the cork. Today I bought an album with a song called Baudelaire on it.
Friday Desi and I listened to the Sisters of Mercy, who were my favourite band in high school when I was a little goth chick. I told her I wish I had First and Last and Always on CD because I only have it on vinyl and I like it best. Today I found it on CD for 99 cents.
And Joe knows all about my Food Network ESP.
It's really enough to make a girl insane ;)
Tonight I've been looking at art. Art that I don't normally seek. The first time I ever looked at Kurt Halsey Fredricksen's work it made me cry. I was in a fairly bad place though. It's fairly emo, fairly hip, I like it anyway. It's cute, it's everything I never look for in art and certainly everything I never create in art. I like pain too much. From all sides.
Little Rocket is darker but just as adorable. I don't know how people do that. I'm entirely too agressive for it.
Penelope Dullaghan isn't nearly as interesting, but I seriously love "Wall Flower" like I can't describe.

I'm working on some things right now, forcing myself out of my borders and limits and comforts. I dig it. I've also pretty much given up on sleep. It really is for the weak.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

We should do that again...next time with slightly more planning. Just for the sake of everyone else who might be involved;)