Saturday, November 14, 2009

Update Post #2: Hike from Ocean Beach to Stow Lake

So the day after Garrett left I decided to take the train down to Ocean Beach and then hike my way home through Golden Gate Park. It was an amazingly beautiful and warm day and a fantastic way to spend a few hours.


The swells at the beach were huge and moving very very fast. It was awesome.

SDC11980

These little jelly things were everywhere on the sand. No idea what exactly they are.

SDC11982

Kelp and sea foam.

SDC11987

Dead sea lion. It was pretty small, maybe 3-4 feet and something had stolen its head.

SDC11998

There is a great group of ravens, or an "unkindness" if you will, that live at Ocean Beach. I see them around the park and the Sunset all the time. They love to hang out on these lights along Great Highway, and this one totally succeeded in scaring off the gull who was trying to share it with him. (I have the whole incident in series in the album on Flickr)

SDC12019

There were so many mushrooms growing under this tree. Back in my pagan days I'm sure I would have thought that fairies lived there or something.

Dead Gopher

Dead gopher at Stow Lake.

SDC12014

Dirty tree sex behind South Lake.

Oh! The best part of this hike is when I totally discovered the gay cruising spot in the park. I saw a random trail and decided to follow it. As I'm just going into it, I see this sort of business-casual dressed guy walk by. I thought it was a little weird but kept following the trail into this much more heavily wooded area, full of large thickets of bushes and trees. This old guy passes me in a cardigan and khakis. Thought it was weird that I kept getting passed by all these men who were definitely not dressed for a hike through the park. Then I see a guy standing ahead of me, but facing away, in this sort of clearing through some trees and I think "Huh, that guy looks like he's taking a leak, maybe I should stop and wait until he's done" and as I'm thinking this another old guy just pops out of some bushes to my right and starts walking away while buttoning up his cardigan. Then it all comes together and I say "OH MY GOD" out loud and start laughing, and immediately turn around and walk away, still laughing. It was amazing.

No comments: