Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I hate these moments

When you realize that you really should have known better. I guess sometimes optimism or idealism gets the best of me, as cynical as I am. Everyone wants to believe that something that seems amazing is actually real, and actually *that* amazing. And so it goes.

I'm going to be moving soon. Nothing huge and dramatic, just up the street from where I'm living now. Nice room, cool people, found it on Craigslist. It occurred to me though that this will be the first time I'll be living alone (in my own room anyway) in my entire adult life. There was a small period there after Charles and I broke up where I had my own room, but I was staying with my Mom while trying to get back on my feet so I don't think it really counts. I wasn't even paying rent and I actually rarely ever stayed there.

So here's a new adventure. Hopefully it will take my mind off the things that are eating away at my insides right now. Adventures are usually good for that.

1 comment:

Raeven said...

I think that this is AWESOME.