Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I could say that you are pretty. That would make me a liar...

Current mood: ridiculous

I truly believe there is something fundamentally wrong with me. Aside from all of the obvious shit anyway. I utterly hate complements. In the past week or so I've received some truly lovely complements from various people and I feel absolutely horrible about it. It's not a self-deprecation thing at all. I just seriously despise wondering or knowing how people perceive me and how it's different from the way I perceive myself. And complements force me to confront that. And then I feel like I have something I have to live up to. Only I have no idea how. Because I never thought of myself that way in the first place. It makes me want to crawl out of my skin. And into my proverbial cave.

I'm still on my Jens kick. I read his blog-y thing and it makes me sad. His music still makes me happy though, if only in that "happy-sadness,sehnsucht" sort of way at this point. I've also thrown pretty much everything put out by this label into my mix. Arco, Empress and Delaney's "La Nuit on a Toujours Tout" are at the top of my list. There are mp3s on each of the band pages. Go get some.

No comments: