Friday, June 05, 2009

4 for Friday

1. Neko Case - That Teenage Feeling - This song is sooo indicative of my life 8 or 9 months ago. It's my favorite song off of Fox Confessor Brings the Flood.
2. Tracey Thorn and Jens Lekman - Yeah! Oh Yeah! - This is a great cover of a great Magnetic Fields song. I love the idea of Jens singing Stephin Merritt. And Tracey (Everything But the Girl)sounds lovely as well.
3. Propagandhi - Gifts - This is one of their more "emo" songs, solely because John Samson is singing it. Well, the lyrics are pretty emo too. John Samson is just emo. Go listen to the Weakerthans if you don't believe me.
4. Whiskeytown - Turn Around (Alternate Version) - Oh Ryan Adams. You were such a little southern-accented rough voiced boy. (I think he was like 23 when this came out). I love it.

1 comment:

garth2 said...

pinback- fortress
depeche mode- blasphemous rumors
dinosaur jr.- show me the way
system of a down- sugar

very garth list there eh