Tuesday, April 08, 2008

don't waste my time. this is it. this is really happening.

I'm trying to hype myself up and psyche myself out a little. I have this tendency to not think about things that are upcoming to avoid getting too anxious. But I'm moving to San Francisco in less than two weeks and I am stoked like you wouldn't believe. Ross signed the lease yesterday, it's a done deal.

It's a very very new thing for me to be doing exactly what I want to do, and to be happy, and to feel like the only people I have in my life are people who want me to be exactly who I am. Or who don't give enough of a fuck about what I do with my own life to want me to do something else. It's absolutely the way things should be.

I really need to start packing. Like NOW. Ha.

In random other Marieness, I have some sort of sensitivity or allergy or intolerance to something, and since I'm sick of feeling like shit every time I eat, I'm on this crazy elimination diet to figure out what it is. So I can't eat dairy (I already know I'm lactose intolerant, so I shouldn't be eating it in the first place), wheat or anything with gluten or whatever, corn or anything corn based, eggs, refined sugar, coffee, and a bunch of other shit that I'm going to have to subtract after a week or so. It is seriously the lamest shit ever. I'm having a super hard time figuring out things to eat, or drink for that matter since I can't have beer or coffee. Pray for me, people.

5 comments:

Desiree said...

First, that really fucking sucks about your food allergy. Like hard core. Also, women, give us a date and time to hang out what's good for you? Garth and I will show up.

Nicole said...

I am sure you remember I used to be sick all the time when I lived there...Turned out I was just allergic to san marcos (ok ok more like something native to southern CA, but seriously). I am never sick here, SF will welcome you with open arms (and bucket-loads of gluten-free, lactose-free real food markets).

Raeven said...

Marie...you act so fucking high and mighty...could you just get over yourself...please. I mean honestly. Also, I want to be at this celebration of farewells with D & G!!!

Marie said...

Haha, I mean seriously, what is wrong with me?
Also, fly back by tomorrow night and you can join the farewell celebration..ha.

Anonymous said...

Hi. You don't know me, and maybe this advice won't be welcome or it might seem weird and preachy. However, I am pretty sure I know what is going on with your health. After having nearly died from digestive problems and spent most of my 20s on special diets much like the one you described, I am now involved in a breakthrough treatment protocol that offers the possibility that I will be able to eat and live like a normal person someday. This is unlike any other treatment I've done before, as none of them ever recognized the underlying cause. The rule of thumb is that if you need to keep doing a particular treatment for the rest of your life to feel normal, then it is not a cure. There is a reason why your body is doing what it is doing, and there is a way to fix it! contact me if you want more information. ginariggio@gmail.com